These tips were compiled by the National Institute of Disaster Restoration. Not all of these tips may apply to your particular situation. Use your common sense.
Disaster Restoration: Water Damage Tips:
Tips to Do:
* Mop and blot as much extra water as possible.
* Remove lamps and tabletop items then wipe water from your furniture
* Remove all upholstery cushions so they will dry evenly.
* Put aluminum foil, saucers or wood blocks between the furniture legs and the carpeting that is wet.
* Make sure the air conditioning is on if it’s summertime. Alternate opening your windows and heating to speed up the drying, if it is wintertime. pittsburgh seo company
* Open all drawers and your cabinet doors. Do not force any drawers that may be stuck.
* Remove any valuables including oil paintings or art objects
* Do not go into any rooms were the ceilings are sagging from water.
* Open any suitcases and luggage removing any clothing so they can dry in sunlight, if possible.
* Punch small holes in ceilings that are sagging. It will relieve water that is trapped. Place pans beneath.
TIPS on What To Avoid
* Do not leave any wet fabrics in place. Dry them asap. Use heat to dry furs and leather goods.
* Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
* Use your household vacuum to remove water.
* Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
* Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
* Treat all water impacted surfaces and furnishings as toxic.
* Call an experienced ASCR restoration firm such as FireDEX of Pittsburgh for additional advice and service.
Don’t hire just anyone. Search online: disaster restoration pittsburgh (except use the area in which you live). Find a 24-hour emergency service restoration company who are Specialists in Insurance Repair and Restoration. Look for full service restoration contractors in your area who have award-winning certified technicians to handle both residential and commercial properties. If you have extensive damage, you may want to choose a company whose expertise includes: Demolition, Roofing, Masonry, Siding, Plumbing, interior painting, Exterior Painting, Wallpapering, Electrical