Online marketplace is a much easier way of setting up an online store, you don’t need any technical assistance, you don’t have to brainstorm about the design and you don’t have to bother about sales transactions; basically everything is spoon fed. All you need to do is list your products, receive traffic without much effort and pay a commission or fee to your marketplace. A very tempting and convenient ‘short cut’ to selling online. online afro marketplace
But is that what you want? A shortcut? An easier way out? Your brand associated with another? No creativity of your own? You store controlled by a third party?
If that’s what you want, then don’t read any further, but if you are a true entrepreneur looking for professionalism then read further to know why we think that setting up your own website is far better than relying on marketplaces. It sure needs a lot of hard work and commitment, but that’s what running a business is all about…isn’t it?
So here are few points on why we think that you must have your own website or a blog:
How ‘your’ store functions and looks is determined by the marketplace.
1. There is not much difference between ‘your’ store and thousands of other stores in the marketplace.
2. You work by ‘their’ rules and regulations, you are held hostage by ‘their’ conditions and don’t have much say about how you can run ‘your’ store.
3. Moreover, you have ended up in a place with neck to neck competition, in a marketplace you are competing with thousands of other artists as well.
4. You store is controlled by a third party, imagine if they decide to shut down their business…you will have to start all over again.
5. Most people who visit your shop in a marketplace are themselves selling something and are looking for inspiration, ideas or supplies.
6. Remaining people who land up in your store are there by chance, you don’t have a brand or identity in a marketplace. 7. It depends on how and when someone stumbles in to your store. pe-eq
8. On the other hand, having your own website with your company’s name as domain makes you look far more professional.
9. If you have your own website, ‘you’ have complete control over the entire look, functionality of your shop and web presence.
10. You can have a professional email address, eg: “[email protected]” rather than “[email protected]”.
11. When selling through your website, you can get a clear picture of how much traffic you receive an how much more work needs to be done in order to increase that traffic.
12. If you have your own website then, ‘you’ decide who you are, how you sell, what you design and who you sell to. You have complete freedom on how you wish to market your shop. bennietay
Not that we have anything against online marketplaces, in fact it is a great way of understanding how e-commerce works. But if you want your business to flourish as per your rules, with a brand identity and with long term plans, then there is no other way than having your own website. pet portraits uk
Lots of people will warn you about the hassles of building and designing a website, getting a merchant account, payment processor, shopping cart and handing security issues; and we would like to tell you that it is true, you will have to go through the trouble of setting up a new site from scratch. But if you are really serious about your business and are not just selling for the heck of it, then you will have to go through all these hurdles but the good news is that now you will know about intricate details of setting up ‘your’ shop and e-commerce; therefore you will have a much better understanding of how your shop works and what you can do to improve it. Casino Malaysia